french fried potatoes; french fries.
- Croatian: pomfrit
- Finnish: ranskalaiset perunat
- German: Pommes frites
Thin-sliced and deep-fried potatoes sold in sealed bags; potato chips, nacho chips, etc.
- Croatian: čips
- Finnish: perunalastu, sipsi
- German: Chips
- Hebrew: צִ׳יפְּס
- Banana chips, deep fried or dried slices of banana covered in honey or sugar.
- Chips, French fried potatoes, long cuts of potato that are deep fried
- Chocolate chip, small chunks of chocolate, used for making chocolate-chip cookies, among other things.
- Corn chip, a snack food made from corn
- Potato chips, a snack food made from potatoes, known as crisps in many Commonwealth countries. They are a popular, light and crunchy snack.
- Tortilla chip, a snack food made from corn tortillas
- Chip (CDMA), the fundamental unit of transmission in CDMA
- CHIP (programming language), based on Prolog
- Chip card - Credit card, payment card or identification card containing an embedded Integrated circuit.
- CHIP-8, a programming language used for video game programming in the 1970s
- Chipseal - a pavement surface treatment.
- Chiptune, music synthesized by a computer sound chip
- ChIP (chromatin immunoprecipitation), a molecular biology method to map DNA sites of specific protein-DNA interaction, such as promoters
- Integrated circuit
- Modchip, hardware modification to circumvent DRM systems in game consoles
- Transponder timing chip - a miniature transponder used in timing running events, usually attached to the shoe.
- Clearing House Interbank Payments System, a privately held clearing house for large-value transactions in the United States
- Charlotte Martin, Singer, name given to her by her fans
- Chip Arndt (born 1966), winner of The Amazing Race 4
- Encouraging Bear, Oglala medicine man also known as Chips
- Henry Channon (1897–1958), nicknamed "chips", British Member of Parliament and diarist
- Chip Kidd (born 1964), graphic designer and author
- Chip and Skip, two dung beetle brothers on the animated series Camp Lazlo
- Chip 'n Dale, two animated chipmunks created by The Walt Disney Company
- Chip Skylark, a character from the TV show The Fairly OddParents
- Chip, a character from Tom and Jerry: The Magic Ring
- Chips, The dog in Eastenders owned by the Beale family
- Mr Chips, a private-school teacher in Goodbye, Mr Chips
- Chip, a character in the movie "National Lampoon's Animal House" who pledged and was accepted into the Omega house; the role was played by Kevin Bacon
- CHiPs, a
television series about the California
- CHiPs '99, the television reunion movie
(band), a Swedish pop and country group
- Chips (album), an album by the same group
- Ch!pz, a Dutch band popular in The Netherlands and in some European countries
- Mr. Chips, the mascot for the UK game show Catchphrase
- Buffalo chip or cow chip, dried bovine feces.
- Casino token or poker chip, a token of currency in gambling
- CHIP (magazine), a German computer magazine
- Chips (dog), an American wardog who served in World War II
- Chips (literary magazine), the award winning literary and art magazine of Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School
- Chip's Challenge, a computer game
- Clearing House Interbank Payments System, one half of the primary US network for large-value domestic and international payments
- Common Hybrid Interface Protocol System or CHIPS defines Mixed Interface and Protocol Systems used in serial communications
- DNA chip, a synonym for DNA microarray
- Goodbye, Mr. Chips, a novel by James Hilton, first published in 1934
- State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP), the State Children's Health Insurance Program in the U.S.
- A type of football (soccer) shot
- A type of golf shot
- Chip, a footballing term describing a high and lofted shot.
- Foot chip, a type of climbing hold.
- CHIP, in the UK the Chemical (Hazard Information and Packaging for Supply) Regulations 2002. These are sometimes also known as CHIP3.
chips in Danish: Chip
chips in German: Chip
chips in French: Chip
chips in Korean: 칩
chips in Italian: Chip
chips in Hungarian: Chip
chips in Dutch: Chip
chips in Japanese: チップ
chips in Polish: Chip
chips in Vietnamese: Chip
bakehead, black gang, blunt, boilerman, boodle, brass, bread, bucks, bungs, cabbage, cabin boy, cash, coin, commissary steward, complement, currency, deckhand, deckie, dinero, dough, fireman, gelt, gilt, grease, green, green stuff, gun loader, gunner, hand, hospital steward, jack, kale, landing signalman, legal tender, mail orderly, mazuma, moolah, mopus, navigator, oil of palms, oiler, ointment, oof, ooftish, purser, radio operator, rhino, rocks, roustabout, scratch, shekels, simoleons, snip, snips, sparks, spondulics, steward, stewardess, stoker, sugar, the needful, tin, torpedoman, wampum, watch, yeoman